In This Section
- Press Releases
- 2011 Run & Walk - A recap of the 2011 Ted E. Bear Hollow 5K/10K Run & Remembrance Walk.
- Newsletters - Ted E. Bear Hollow will use Issuu as it new online newsletter format.
- In the News - Ted E. Bear Hollow is in the news. Watch videos and read articles about Ted E. Bear Hollow.
- A New Home! - Ted E. Bear Hollow cuts ribbon on its new home!
- 2011 Honors - Ted E. Bear Hollow was awarded The Service to Mankind Award from the Omaha Association of Health Underwriters. Additionally, volunteer and LMHP, Kay Kronholm was awarded the United Way Volunteer of the Year Award for Adults serving youth.
- Comfort Food Classic >>
- 2011 Doolin Classic - The 2011 Doolin Class was a success, raising $6,200 for Ted E. Bear Hollow.
- << Go back to the previous section
Comfort Food Classic
5th Annual Comfort Food Classic a Record-Breaker
In nearly every way imaginable the 5th Annual Comfort Food Classic was a record-breaker. Packing out the Ramada Inn Convention Center on Sunday, October 3, 2011, Ted E. Bear Hollow sold out for the first time in event history, doling out more than 530 tickets and raising nearly $60,000!
The evening was emceed by Carol Wang of Action 3 News while David Hayes, entrepreneur and experienced restaurateur, acted as the event's Honorary Chair.
Eight of Omaha's best chefs competed to make the most creative and pallet-pleasing lasagna. Coming away with the traveling trophy and $500 cash? Returning chef duo and past winners, Paul Urban and Jessica Joyce of New York Chicken & Gyros.
Ted E. Bear Hollow thanks the sponsors that made this event possible. (Picture courtesy of John Horvatinovich)
Polar Bear Sponsors
Action 3 News
Childrens Hospital & Medical Center
Koala Bear Sponsors
The Nebraska Medical Center
Grizzly Bear Sponsors
SAC Federal Credit Union
Centris Federal Credit Union
First National Bank
Irvington Fire & Rescue
McCarthy's One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning
Brown Bear Sponsors
Security National Bank
Gary Juranek & Associates Auctioneers
Reinhart Food Services