In This Section
- Mission and Vision - Provide a safe and loving environment where grieving children can recognize and honor their feelings of loss through support and education.
- Board of Directors - The Volunteer Board of Directors.
- Staff Biographies - Learn more about the staff at Ted E. Bear Hollow.
- Volunteer Voices >>
- << Go back to the previous section
"Being a volunteer for Ted E. Bear Hollow is extremely gratifying because we help children handle the death of a loved one and create special friendships through this grief. Children need someone to talk to about the loss of their loved ones, and I am happy to help them through that process. Volunteering with Ted E. Bear Hollow is a rewarding experience, because not only do you help grieving families... you also learn a lot about yourself."
- Meghan Matthews, volunteer, Guidance Counselor with Westside Schools
"This past year has been a wonderful opportunity for me to work with Ted E. Bear Hollow. I had the pleasure of working with a great group of volunteers and facilitators. Meeting a variety of families who benefited from TEBH was so very rewarding! I want to thank Mary Ann and Sarah for having faith in me and my ability to help. TEBH deserves to be noticed and supported, and I hope to continue in this effort even after my graduation this May."
- Sandy Ciriaco, former TEBH Intern
"These kids are incredible, and it is amazing to watch as a facilitator how much they can overcome. Also, you feel good that just maybe you had a little bit to do with making that child feel more comfortable. You form bonds and create memories that will last you for the rest of your life."
-Adam Linck, TEBH Facilitator, Creighton University Medical Student