In This Section
- BearHUGS - Help Us Give Support. Ted E. Bear Hollow relies on contributors and volunteers.
- Wish List - Wish List supplies and ways to support the ongoing programs provided by Ted E. Bear Hollow.
- Volunteer >>
- Pay It Forward - Make a donation to support grieving children and teens.
- Use Goodsearch - After downloading the Goodsearch toolbar, Goodsearch will donate $.01 to Ted E. Bear Hollow for every online search conducted!
- Memorial Apples - Give a gift that will endure and give back! Honor those special in your life by purchasing a Memory Apple.
- New Grief Book - Order Julia Cook's "Grief is Like a Snowflake."
- << Go back to the previous section
Opportunities: Supporting Grieving Children and Their Families
Ted E. Bear Hollow needs your assistance as it continues to meet the ongoing needs of grieving children and their families!
Volunteer on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon and work with children as they create special items to remember and honor their loved one who died. Activities include: memory boxes, comfort pillows, garden stones, face painting, memory bracelets and more! Visit the Events & Programs page for information on volunteering for KidsKamp.
Tinsel & Tears
Volunteer on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon to work with families as they come together for support and encouragement as the holidays approach. Activities include: blessing stockings, holiday ornaments, memory wreaths, face painting, cookie decorating and more! Visit the Events & Programs page for information on volunteering for Tinsel & Tears.
If you have an interest in helping facilitate grief support groups for children, teens or adults, this is a very rewarding experience! These special volunteers complete a 20-hour training so they develop the skills and tools to work with families in a support group setting. Visit the Events & Programs page to find out when the next Child Grief Facilitator Training will be held.
Fundraisers & Events
If you enjoy being a part of fundraising, marketing, networking or just volunteering in general, Ted E. Bear Hollow can always use your help!
Each year Ted E. Bear Hollow and its volunteers organize a 5K/10K Run & Remembrance Walk, manage the Doolin Classic: A Golf Outing to Benefit Ted E. Bear Hollow (thanks to the McGill family) and develop its premier fundraising event, the Comfort Food Classic.
If you are interested in volunteering for any of these events or contributing items for silent auction, raffle prizes, or oral auctions, please call 402-502-2773.
Have an event or fundraiser that you would like to do on behalf of Ted E. Bear Hollow? Call 402-502-2773.
As a non-profit agency, we always appreciate people's willingness to come help with various tasks around the office. If you would prefer to help in that capacity, we have opportunities to assist with mailings and clerical tasks, sorting teddy bears, setting up for events and programs, and more.
Internships & Practicum Experiences
Each semester Ted E. Bear Hollow interviews and selects an intern or practicum student to learn first-hand what goes into planning, implementing and evaluating our family support programs.